Friday, June 10, 2005

John 9

I am not sure there is another chapter in the New Testament that is dedicated to ONE miracle. I wish somebody would make a movie of this event. It might need to be a mini-series! I just want to quote one section from "the Message", and I won't try and make application.........it speaks for itself quite well without me, thank you. (Imagine that) I probably would distract you from the powerful message from the text, and lots of times its best to just get out of the way and let the Spirit talk.


Jesus then said, "I came into the world to bring everything into the clear light of day, making all the distinctions clear, so that those who have never seen will see, and those who have made a great pretense of seeing will be exposed as blind."

Some Pharisees overheard him and said, "Does this mean you're calling us blind?"

Jesus said, "If you were really blind, you would be blameless, but since you claim to see everything so well, you're accountable for every fault and failure."

6 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I love reading from "The Message". I get started and can't stop. I understand it's not an exact translation, but I get so much from it!

Hope you have had an easier week??

JB

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

This is one of my favorite chapters too. It must have made an impact on the disciples for John to remember it so vividly!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger David U said...

JB, thanks for asking. Yes, it has been a better week.....for the most part. My better half had a carport sale yesterday and today, so you can imagine how fun that was. Will you give me a little cheese with that whine? :) And it seemed like my brain was in lock-down this week.....hence the post where I quote something or somebody every time! But, I know that the Spirit will lead me to something in His own time. In the mean time I will just enjoy all of ya'lls great posts! :)

Have a good one!
DU

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

It's a good thing I wasn't asked to be a writer/translator for The Message. I'd have probably rendered it:

Some Pharisees overheard him and said, "Are you saying we're blind?"

Jesus said, "If the shoe fits, good luck finding your feet."

See; mine just loses something in the translation.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

Here's an update on the Christian University in Africa.
They are thinking it will be in Uganda --RH has missioneries there already--what do you know about Uganda??
They already are moving forward with getting some African leadership for the school.
They are already trying to it accredited.
The first 2 colleges will be agriculture and Bible.
I still don't have a timeline--as to when they will have classes--just right now they say it will take a long time--but I think this sounds like great progress in less than 6 months!! I still think it's very exciting.
Looking forward to hearing what the Spirit is putting on your heart--whenever it comes--you just can't rush the good stuff.
Keith's comment is sooo funny!
JB

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Greg Taylor could probably help with information about Uganda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home