Friday, June 03, 2005

One Year

I realized the other day that I have been bloggin for a year now. WOW! Time flies when you are having fun. It has been a blessing to me, I can tell you that! Because of this blogging community, I have people that I consider close friends that I have really never sat down with and had a face to face conversation with. Reading all the other posts each morning is a rich source of encouragement. I know I have said this before, but the most important reason I am plugged in to all of your blogs is that I am in a survivor mode. Yea, I enjoy it........but more importantly, I NEED all the encouragement I can get to be able to make it. I can't make it on my own........no way. I need community. Without it, you can kiss me good-bye. So, thanks to all of you wonderful brothers and sisters that lift me up every day you post! Please continue in this wonderful ministry. I'm indebted to each and every one of you.

------------------

I am hooked on Donald Miller. For those of you who haven't read the sequel to "Blue Like Jazz", please go to Amazon or go to your local bookstore and pick up "Searching for God Knows What"....his latest. I think it is ever bit as good as "Jazz", and maybe better. One minute I am laughing out loud, and the next I am in awe of his deep insights. He has REALLY impacted me.

----------------------

One of my best friends, Robert Ross, lost his dad this week. It's hard to see your friends grieve. Another close friend is going thru one of the most horrific family situations you could dream up....an earthly hellish nightmare. So, I am emotionally spent.......to the point I feel emotionally dead inside. Some of you have been there, maybe are there now. Maybe I will have something worth sharing next week. I know I don't need to keep taking without giving also. But, as I said earlier this week........on my BEST day all I have are 5 loaves and 2 fish. Today I feel like I have a few pieces of crust and a few scales with bones. Tomorrow is another day! :)

10 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Congratulations on the blogiversary!

There are many of us (whom you visit and faithfully encourage with your comments) who appreciate it more than words can express.

Today we grieve and rejoice and pray with you.

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I look forward to reading many more of your blogs in the coming years. Thanks for your continued encouragement both personally and through print. You are truly a Barnabus.
KR

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger JP said...

Your words are a blessing to us all, keep it up, we are here for ya brother. Your friend and those close to him are in my prayers.

P.S As Keith said, happy blogiversary.....wish you many more. My blog relationship fizzled out after only 4 months.....

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger David U said...

JP, dude....start over again! Life is full of second chances, and I promise I will be a regular reader of your post! You have LOTS to offer, and we are the losers if you don't share with us.
Just let us know when you start back!

In HIM,
DU

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Ditto on the happy blogiversary!

Your post give me that encouragement and boost I need! And your comments are always a blessing!

I pray your tough times will be short lived and blessings will continue to shower over you!

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David -

Back a while when I was really "down and out," you sent me a comment and email that really meant a lot to me and helped me "bunches." I'm still down (for yet another week or two the doctor says after nearly 3 months), but no longer "out" partly because of the encouragement I got from other Christian bloggers all over the country.

I just hope that you'll know today, when you are struggling, perhaps, there are many bloggers who care for you, too, including me.

I read your blog all the time, although I don't often comment, but your posts are a great blessing to many of us.

Happy blogiversary and many more to come!

 
At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May many more blogs come from the rich fountain within. Or, blog on, dude!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

DU,
I didn't start blogging for the encouragement--but it surely has worked out that way for me. I am encouraged by your blog and your comments on the other blogs I read!

I enjoy Donald Miller, too. My kids really enjoy him and they are the reason I got started on him.

Praying for your strength to be encouragement to those God has put in your path to bless--it can be draining--but God will refresh you.

Blessings and Happy blogiversary!
JB

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger JP said...

Thanks David for the kind words. I am on sabatical for a while.....long while. I will absolutely let you know if my mind changes....again, thanks brother.

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
true religion jeans
tory burch sale
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet
jordans for sale
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
michael kors handbags
ugg boots
coach outlet
canada goose jackets
michael kors handbags
Outlet Michael Kors Online
louis vuitton handbags
Louis Vuitton Outlet Quality Handbags
Michael Kors Outlet Sale Online Store
air max 95
Abercrombie and Fitch Striped Shirts
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
louis vuitton
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
michael kors uk
Ray Ban Outlet Store Online
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Cheap Sale
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
michael kors outlet
Michael Kors Handbags Factory Outlet
hollister
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
Discount Clearance Coach Outlet Handbags

 

Post a Comment

<< Home