Saturday, May 21, 2005

On the Road Again

Willie sang it best....."on the road again". I head out tomorrow for Tulsa, Wichita, and Kansas City. Lots of time for listening to my PU lectureship CDs! :)
And, I will get to be with some of my favorite people on this trip. David Hall, Steve Smith, Rodney Cheatham, Rick Hendricks, Dr. Arnold and sister Lucy Killen, Gary Brown and some others I am probably leaving out. I am the one who is blessed in these visits! God knew we needed community, and fellowship. When we withhold our fellowship, either as an individual or a community, I believe it tears HIS heart out. How do you feel when your children are on the outs with each other?

We need family, and we need friends. Even though it was a secular song, the Beatles hit the nail on the head when they sang: "I get by with a little help from my friends." The song also asks the timeless question: "do you need anybody?" Remember the answer? "I just need someone to love." It's universal....and we have a story for them, don't we?!?! Tell your story, and in doing so you will be telling THE story. The story we call the Gospel.

Be back next Friday in the office. I will be looking for computers as I go.....gotta have that "blog" fix. Yeah, I am big enough to confess it....."Hello, my name is David and I am addicted to reading other people's blogs"! :)

And yes dad, looking for basenjis too! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home