Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Rainbow and Cat Woman

Remember the line "you're not in (Ar)Kansas anymore, Dorothy" ? That came ringing home to me not long after I had been here when I heard one little girl ask another little girl what her name was. I heard a sweet little voice say "Rainbow". Not too many of those in White County. I kept waiting for her mom "Starlight" to come and whisk her away while throwing some moon dust on us all. I also saw a woman in TGI Fridays with dyed jet black hair with the bangs cut straight across her head and those 1950's cat woman glasses............and nobody besides me even noticed her. Hey, that is not a common sight in Frozen Delight either! :)

But "it's all good" as the saying goes.........cause the Lectureship starts tonight! It is beautiful here, as usual, and I know it will be a great time of renewal for me and thousands of others.

And the scenery ain't bad either! :)

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger dutro said...

David, I heard a little girl say her name was Rainbow right here in White County. I noticed she was dressed in fatigues. The lady behind the counter asked her to repeat it, and she said "Rambo, just like the movie."

Oh......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home