Thursday, April 28, 2005

Anticipation

My favorite Carly Simon song is "Anticipation". Some of you may remember it as "the Ketchup Song". One of the ketchup companies used it as the background music for one of their commercials back in the 70's.

"We can never know about the days to come, but we think about them anyway".


That is where I am today. So what am I anticipating? One, I can't WAIT to be blessed by the experiences next week at the annual Pepperdine Lectures. It has become a yearly trek of renewal in my walk. I always return with a Spiritual cup that is running over....and over....and over......and over. You get the picture.
Get ready for several posts concerning that wonderful experience when I get back.

Two, most of you know that there is a major administrative decision that is taking place here on campus, and the naming of that new Vice President is coming out next week. I can't think of a more important decision that has been made around here in the last 15 years or so. Please be prayerful of that decision. It is a watershed moment in the life of this place.

Three, I am anticipating how the struggles of several special young men are going to turn out. I was blessed to get to attend a Bible Study last night involving several football players, and they were so transparent and open about their struggles that in return your heart just HURTS in response to the pain they are going thru. I want the struggles to be gone NOW, and I know it will have to happen on God's time table, not mine. It was a footwashing to be with them, and I wish my generation was that committed to being as real and transparent as they are. They are a blessing to me, and I would appreciate your prayers for them also.


Fourthly, I am anticipating the Second Coming. Except for not having any grand-kids yet, I'm ready! :) How about you? I have a good friend who predicts that it will happen before 2011. Sounds good to me. This world is not my home.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Here's a pretty good roundup of predictions for the end of the world in this millennium: TEOTWAWKI (before 2010) and after 2010! Though this one features a handy chart form you can hang on your fridge: ishbadiddle. The Mayan Calendar ends on December 23, 2012. Your friend could be right!

Of course, Jesus said even He didn't have a clue, so I don't know why we're so fascinated with making and tracking predictions ... except for the fun of it!

And as for that angst that underlies it ... well, Romans 8:22-24 says it better than I can.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger JP said...

I love hearing all the different predictions out there. It's amazing using scientific reasoning and "bible codes" to show the mind of God and Christs return. The selfish me is not ready for the return for reasons you state (kids growing up, grandchildren etc etc etc). However, as the song says" Better is one day in your courts, better is one day in your house, better is one day in your courts then a thousand elsewheres"

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Keith said...

I appreciate your concern for who the "chosen one" is to take over the Bible dept.at Harding but remember this..."God uses ordinary people to carry out his extraordinary work." Your motives are pure in your desire for a selection you may hope for, because I know your heart. I know God is in charge of this selection as he is for all leaders chosen. Why did he choose David when natural born leaders such as Rueben were available. Why Moses? He was afraid of public speaking and had to take Aaron along as his press secretary. I have a couple of perfect choices in mind, but I am anxious to see how God unravels his plan for Harding to us well-wishers. Have a great trip to Pepperdine. Wish I was there.
Your brother,
Keith

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

fitflops clearance
phone cases
moncler outlet store
rolex watches outlet
fitflops uk
ugg outlet uk
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
coach handbags outlet
rolex watches
coach outlet store
adidas wings shoes
winter coats
louis vuitton handbags outlet
michael kors handbags sale
christian louboutin,louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia,scarpe louboutin
moncler outlet
michael kors uk outlet
soccer jerseys wholesale
canada goose jackets
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home