Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Thoughts

Since it has been several days since I posted, I have quite a few random thougths that have accumulated. Sorry!

A) If you want to read a wonderful take on the whole Jesus and Nicodemus encounter,
go to http://www.stamfordchurch.com/pdf/bulletin/20050328.pdf and read the Dale Pauls bulletin article from the Stamford church in CT.

B) After reading for pleasure two books which centered around Africa, my next challenge is "The Brothers Karamazov" by Doestoevsky. It was all I could do just now to spell it right, so I wonder what I am in for as far as the reading. Any fans out there?

C) Does Keith Brenton need to find a publisher or what? Keith, quit your day job and get to writing...........you have been blessed with a gift. DUH! If others can make it, you can too.

D) Nobody made sure I read the warning label on Mike's CD of his sermon from January concerning women, which reads "Knee Pads Required". Goodness. Talk about humbling! If you haven't heard it yet, don't go another week without getting a copy.

E) My heart about jumped out of my throat when I saw Jay and Andrea Baker at church last week and again on Sunday. I know I have lots of heroes, but Jay and Andrea for sure fit in that category. Jay and Andrea are special for LOTS of reasons. They are one of the missionary families I was talking about in my post from last fall entitled "Sad Sad Day" or something like that. I love Jay and Andrea Baker!

F) Does "I Started A Joke" by the Bee Gees have the most stupid lyrics in the history of pop, or am I just being too critical? And for the record, I am a Bee Gees fan.

G) Are you as excited as I am about the young leaders amongst us? I can't wait to see where God is going to take that generation with capable leaders like Jonathan Storment, Greg Kendall-Ball, Bobby Garner, Michael Cooper, and many more that I know I am leaving out.....so tell me their names. And yes, I apologize for not naming any females! That is a reflection on me, not them. I know they are out there too!
Right Mindy?

H) Is Spring not the most wonderful time of the year? I've got it in my mind that Eden must have been in spring time when Adam and Eve were put there.

I) The Cardinals are going all the way this time.....no melt down in the Series.

J) Dancing is officially off the "don't do" list. I went to Spring Sing this weekend, and it was great!

K) I predict the Harding Bisons will win 10 games next fall. You heard it here first!

L) And last but for SURE not least, be in prayer asking for wisdom for those who will be making the decision as to who will be the next Dean for the Bible Department here. It is a watershed moment in the history of this institution.

13 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger dutro said...

Good random thoughts, but I have to disagree on one point. The stupidest lyrics ever award belongs to "That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh, uh huh" over and over again for the entire song.

Also, 10 wins for the Bison?! You talkin' football or basketball?

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger David U said...

Don't be slammin my man KC and his Sunshine Band! :) And for the record, I am talking about the football Bisons....yes with an "s" on the end. Ask Liz.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It is a watershed moment in the history of this institution."

I'm curious by what you mean by this statement. Could Harding move in a more progressive direction a man of that nature is appointed to the position?

Or do you mean it could be "frozen in time" if someone of a different opinion is installed?

I'm interested to see what kind of statement the university will be make with this appointment. When can we expect any news?

From ... an HU grad in Virginia

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Thanks, David, for your kind words the umpteenth time. Or maybe even umpti-eth.

Dale Pauls does have a great take on Nicodemus.

Back in our day, "dancing" was okay as long as it was called "choreography."

Was that Bee Gees number in Spring Sing or something? What brought it to mind?

Hmm. I don't know about spring in Eden. Wouldn't the fruit trees have been just in flower then, rather that ready for plucking?

I have a candidate in mind that I'd like to see inherit the Department of Biblical Studies. But not if it means that he would be preaching less ... especially for guest spots in Little Rock!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger David U said...

Anonymous, I meant that it is a very important time in the history of this University. Nough said.

Keith, "all things are possible with God". :) So maybe it was a miracle and there were fruit on the trees in Spring! :) As far as the stupid Bee Gees song, I heard it on the radio. And lastly, I think your candidate is the same one most of us have.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger David U said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger dutro said...

anonymous asks when to expect news on the appt. of the dean...i hear it is supposed to be announced by early summer. we'll be looking for the white puffs of smoke to emanate from the chimney, if we can just find the chimney.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

Thanks, I had erased that stupid Bee Gees song from my brain, and now it is back.

I LOVE spring, allergies come just to keep me humble.

Sorry, the Braves are going all the way this year

And how did dancing get such a bad rap anyway?

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gee, David, no pressure on us "future leaders" huh? What if we wind up just being mediocre-type servants who don't really make an impression on a global scale?!? What then? Will we have failed?!?! Will we put to shame all those who believed in us?!?!?

Sorry for the wig-out...comps and all, ya know.

But seriously, thanks for the encouragment.

And I must side with DJG...the Braves are gonna win it all. Smoltz and Huddy will finish 1-2 in the Cy Young race (Smoltz 23 W's, Hudson, 21). Brian Jordan and Raul Mondesi will resurrect their careers in ways Roy Hobbs never dreamed. LaRoche will find that sweet swing all season, and belt at least 45 homers.

And Bobby Cox and Leo Mazzone will be inducted into the HOF, without any sort of waiting period, as the world finally recognizes their genius!

Cardinals finish 3rd in the Central!

;)

 
At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Thanks for dropping by my blog this afternoon, David. I, like you, (I know from your frequent comments) am a daily reader of Mike's. My new goal is to contact everyone who commented yesterday, which is going to take a while, obviously, but should be fun.

To me, it will be a good way to make more new Christian friends from all over.

I hope you'll come back by my blog and read some more. I'm not able to "work" outside my home any more because of health reasons, but was a professional journalist and am looking at my blog as a new journalistic "ministry" using my talents. I'm writing mostly humorous "columns" about my family and friends, but also do a lot of serious ones, too. If you read my "about me" section you will know I want people to feel better about themselves when they've left than when they arrived. Come back Friday and read the funny one I'm working on about a long time close friend from church and his "Urban Cowboy" crises.

As for your random thoughts - I'm a big Bee Gees fan, too. But, good luck with Doestoevsky! I read some of his books in one of my "previous" lives as a "non-traditional" student at the University of Southern Mississippi and found him really difficult and deep, but profound, too.

By the way - I've dropped by your blog several times before and have always enjoyed it. Blogging is such an "expansive" joy for me as a Christian in a somewhat limiting situation.

Grace & Peace
Dee Andrews

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

David, if "all things are possible with God," I don't see why the Cards couldn't take it all this year!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger 2coopers said...

Uncle Dave..any predictions on the Tide for this year in football??...
and I must say that I hope G-Ball's precictions on the Braves are correct...
KOGS is this weekend so come on out if you get the chance...later, cooper

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
celine bag
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Online
uggs on sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Original
michael kors handbags
Jordan Retro 13 Pink And Grey
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
hermes bags
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
michael kors bags
Abercrombie and Co Stoves and Awnings
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
ugg boots on sale
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
ralph lauren
fitflops
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
hollister uk sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Handbag
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
louis vuitton handbags
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
cheap jerseys
Louis Vuitton Outlet High Quality
canada goose jackets
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
louis vuitton outlet stores

 

Post a Comment

<< Home