Thursday, March 24, 2005

One Sitting Colossians

I don't know if it was Chris's sermon Sunday or what, but for some reason today I was motivated to read Colossians in one sitting. Maybe it was knowing that today is the beginning of "Spring Sing" weekend around here, and that I didn't have goo-gobs of time.......so it needed to be a shorter book. Maybe it was the Holy Spirit!
In any case, I read the letter from Paul today and it blessed me. Have you read it lately? If not, it only takes about 10 minutes tops.

Another day it might be another section, but today 3 verses caught my attention. No explanation needed.

Chapter 2 verses 6-8: "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ".


In closing I wanted to mention that I was baptized 41 years ago tomorrow in Memphis.
I was saved about 2000 years ago this weekend. If I don't get to post before Sunday, I hope Easter weekend is a special time for all of you wonderful believers. Thank God for the empty tomb!

3 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

AMen!

You have a wonderful Easter as well!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Steve said...

David,

I have been teaching through Col. on Wednesday night. Those verses lead to a great discussion on what it means to "Live in him". I asked that since I "live in" Greeneville TN what does that mean for me? Some of the answers were: Follow rules & Laws, pay taxes (which I reframed as I invest in the community), have an identity with others who live there, I spend the majority of my time there, and it is what I call home. Then we discussed if those applied to living in Christ. It was a good discussion. Thanks for bringing that discussion back to my mind. I need to remember to "continue to live in him".

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

swarovski outlet
longchamp outlet
michael kors outlet
true religion outlet
uggs outlet
wellensteyn outlet
ugg outlet
canada goose jackets
ugg boots clearance,ugg australia,uggs on sale,ugg slippers,uggs boots,uggs outlet,ugg boots,ugg,uggs
true religion jeans outlet
michael kors outlet
lebron shoes
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
beats headphones
mizuno running shoes
burberry outlet
ed hardy clothing
kate spade uk
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home