Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mark Twain and Don Eudaly

What do those two have in common? Well, for starters they are both from Missouri.
Secondly, they both can tell big tales! I assume all of you know Mark. For those of you who don't know Don, he works in the Advancement Office here with me. We were classmates at Harding in the mid 70's. He was a member of that world famous trio, "The Time of Day". Several of you females probably swooned over his croonings! I consider Don as a brother figure, and if you don't know the significance of that then you need to watch the episode of Andy and Earnest T Bass when Earnest T is in school and falls in love with Helen. A classic.

But here is why I pair Don with Mark today. Don brought me a Mark Twain quote the other day, so I want to share it with you. It goes like this:


"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the

wisdom that is in it - and stop there; lest we be like the

cat that sits down on a hot stove-lid. She will never sit

on a hot stove-lid again - and that is well; but also she

will never sit down on a cold one anymore."


In his wisdom, Don went on to ask me if maybe we have treated the subject of the Holy Spirit this way.......have we been so scared of the abuse and misuse of the gifts of the Spirit, we have avoided the Spirit altogether? Hmmmm....I think Donnie may be on to something here!

Thanks Don, now get back to raising money and writing songs. Have any of you heard his original "I wanta be B.B. King"? Brings down the house everytime! For a nominal fee, he will play it for you. Just call his manager at BR549.