Monday, March 07, 2005

Changes

Like a lot of you, the concept of "church" with all of it's blessings and all of it's baggage has been in my bulls-eye for quite a while now. Most of the blogs I read deal with church issues........emergent churches, missional churches, dead churches, growing churches, vibrant churches, inner-city churches, rural churches, church leaders, traditional worship in church, women's roles in church, church splits, church unity, contemporary worship in church, evangelistic churches, truth churches, grace churches, and the list goes on and on and on. Right? I am on a committee at church that is overseeing the installing of new Shepherds. I work for a University that is very tightly connected with church. My dad was a missionary-preacher. My wife's dad was a missionary-preacher. My son works for a private Christian school which has strong ties to church. I can't remember ever NOT being associated with church!! I think it must be in my DNA.

So what do you think was the first thing I thought of when I heard Fleetwood Mac on the radio today singing the lyrics "I've been afraid of changes, cause I've built my life around you"?

Guilty as charged. I think I am called to build my life around Him, instead of the group that is trying to follow Him. Wait, I KNOW I AM!

How humbling it is to know Stevie Nicks had to point it out to me.

4 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Fajita said...

Dislodging is hard and may be lethal, in some cases.

I keep finding this Freddy Kreuger inside me, the Pharisee Freddy Kreuger. Ugh!!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger David U said...

Fajita, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. Phary Freddy for sure knows my address also.....and he visits WAY more than I would like for him to.

DU

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I will confess, sometimes I think I hear something like "what if they are right and we are the only ones going to heaven?" I do think I hear it less and less. I want to hear God, more and more--and that may mean change for me. JB

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

longchamp outlet
nike air max
tory burch outlet online
michael kors online outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
swarovski crystal
oakley sunglasses sale
ray ban outlet
oakley outlet store
louis vuitton outlet store
ugg outlet
oakley sunglasses
toms outlet
cyber monday 2015
true religion uk outlet
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
air jordan 11
cheap oakley sunglasses
hermes birkin bag
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home