Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I'm Back

Colorado was GREAT, but it is always good to get back to your own home and bed. I am blessed to get to be around so many wonderful people from different parts of the country. I just wish all of them could meet each other.........and you.

While I was on the road, one of my all-time favortie movies came on....."Phenomenon". Travolta is great in it, and I am a HUGE Robert Duvall fan, so anything he is in is going to be a winner to me. There is a line in that movie that gets me everytime. If you remember, at the end of the movie John Travolta is about to die of a brain tumor. He is lying in bed discussing his upcoming death with his love interest, Kyra Sedgwick. He looks her in the eye and asks "Will you love me for the rest of my life?", and her response is "No.....I am going to love you for the rest of mine". Powerful, heart wrenching words! But isn't that what God says to us? I believe it is. When I am focused on that love, it makes a difference in who I am that day......promise. How about you?

And how long IS His life? Maybe this long <-----------------------------> ?


And Amen to Jack Shock........Searcy is not a great place to visit, but a wonderful place to live. Just the opposite of Malibu. Thanks for that observation Jack!

6 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David -

Glad you're back. I'm having a hard day today and have to stay off my feet as much as possible, so am going around this afternoon commenting to various blogs, just to keep my sad spirits at bay. Your post on "Phenomenon" helps. We just saw that movie, again, a few days ago, ourselves, and always love it (and Robert Duvall, who is always the greatest).

I always cry at Kyra Sedwick's line at the end of the movie because it is so profound and so how I think of love - including God's love, as you say. I'm so thankful to truly know God's love for me and thankful He was good enough to me to give me the husband I have, who will love me until the day he dies.

That kind of love makes life worth living, doesn't it.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger David U said...

Dee, sorry you are under the weather today, and I'm glad my post was an encouragement to you. Your commments were and encouragement to me!! :)

Hope you get to feeling better REAL soon!
God bless,
DU

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger JP said...

Glad your back and safe, looking forward to more of your posting....

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger 2coopers said...

welcome back Uncle Dave, glad you had a safe trip and thanks for visiting the 2coopers blog...holler at you soon, coop

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger JAW said...

David,

I'd have to disagree: I actually think Searcy is a great place to visit! (It's also a pretty nice place to live). I can't imagine a more enjoyable day than eating barbeque at Traildust & going up to Greers Ferry Lake. My own version of heaven would be an eternity spent on a jet-ski from Lacey's Narrows Marina at Greers Ferry on a late May day...with Crawfish Etoufee from Who Dats in Bald Knob for dinner every night.

Hope you're doing well. See you soon!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

longchamp outlet
nike air max
tory burch outlet online
michael kors online outlet
ray-ban sunglasses
tory burch outlet
swarovski crystal
oakley sunglasses sale
ray ban outlet
oakley outlet store
louis vuitton outlet store
ugg outlet
oakley sunglasses
toms outlet
cyber monday 2015
true religion uk outlet
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet
air jordan 11
cheap oakley sunglasses
hermes birkin bag
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home