Wednesday, April 13, 2005

100 Most Influential People

Time magazine came out with their "World's 100 Most Influential People" issue this week. I have not read about every person they list yet, but I have looked thru it to see who the 100 people are. I was glad to see Rick Warren listed, and John Stott also. There were LOTS of people I had never heard of, so let me confess my ignorance up front. Many of these people had not made it into my circle of influence. I'm not stating that as a good or bad thing, just fact. I did recognize some of the people that they listed, and I am glad to say that I don't feel influenced by most of those folks. I won't say who. Or am I just naive and have been much more influenced by them than I want to admit?

One effect this article DID have on me was to cause me to think about WHO IS influencing me. Who are the people that impact my life the most? I thought about making a list here on my blog, but then I thought better of it, knowing that I might hurt someone's feelings by not mentioning them. I will say this.......while reflecting on who influences me the most, I realized that the list I make today is a better list than I would have made 20 years ago. "Better" meaning I have more people today that influence me spiritually than I did 20 years ago. I hope 20 years from now I can say the same thing again. As for who is in the #1 spot, I confess that I know who is supposed to be there at the top, but I am not sure I allow Him to occupy it all the time. I want to. I hope a year from now when this issue comes out again, I can honestly tell you that HE has been the most influential person or being in my life this past year! If not Him, then who is in that slot you may ask? Undoubtedly family, then friends next. But where are Paul, Isaiah, David, Zacchaeus, the Centurion man and the sinful woman both in Luke 7, Blind Bartimaeus and John the Baptist? Probably not as high on the list as they should be. I hope they would be in my top 100. Sad huh?

So, I guess I just want to encourage you to take a few minutes and ask yourself who are the MOST influential people in your life? Businesses take inventory from time to time, and maybe we need to also. At least I know I do.

7 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Thanks for the good post David.

There are so many people who have their fingerprints on my life. I hope I never have to give an acceptance speech because I am sure I would leave many people out. Thanks for making me take inventory.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger believingthomas said...

David,
Although I only know you through this arena, I think it safe to say that HE influences us more than we realize. Its funny how he works when we don't realize it. Maybe he need to be more present in your every thought and decision, but look at who you are, where you work, what you write about, who you admire. I see Jesus.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why sad, David? Just think about what Paul and Barnabas and the sinful woman and the centurion did in their lives. I know you have Pauls and Barnabases in your life today. One of the really cool things about God is that he sends us people "with skin on" to show us things about himself. He certainly did it in the first century, but he didn't stop there.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, Dave, I meant to sign that comment about Paul and Barnabas, but the finger is faster than the brain!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

My list is automatic: wife, son, daughter, dad, mom, various Monty Python films, Dave Barry, and in the number one slot.... oh, c'mon, You Know Who's there....

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-7 xiaozhengm
Michael Kors Factory Outlet Online Official
celine bag
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Online
uggs on sale
Louis Vuitton Bags Original
michael kors handbags
Jordan Retro 13 Pink And Grey
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
hermes bags
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
michael kors bags
Abercrombie and Co Stoves and Awnings
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Authentic Coach Factory Outlet Online
ugg boots on sale
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
ralph lauren
fitflops
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
hollister uk sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
Authentic Louis Vuitton Monogram Handbag
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
louis vuitton handbags
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
Air Jordan 4 Green Glow
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
cheap jerseys
Louis Vuitton Outlet High Quality
canada goose jackets
Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM Monogram
louis vuitton outlet stores

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

swarovski outlet
longchamp outlet
michael kors outlet
true religion outlet
uggs outlet
wellensteyn outlet
ugg outlet
canada goose jackets
ugg boots clearance,ugg australia,uggs on sale,ugg slippers,uggs boots,uggs outlet,ugg boots,ugg,uggs
true religion jeans outlet
michael kors outlet
lebron shoes
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
beats headphones
mizuno running shoes
burberry outlet
ed hardy clothing
kate spade uk
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home