Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The # 1 Author Who Never Wrote a Book

Go to any Barnes and Noble and check out the section for biographies and autobiographies. In most cases it will be the most frequented part of the store....well, besides the coffee. People love to read about the lives of other people, and for some reason, especially the lives of celebrities. It is an obsession with some folks. It seems like every athlete, politician, and movie star has to write a book telling us all the details of their life. How long do you think it will be before one of the jurors in the Michael Jackson trial will write a book? It's probably already happened! I know I will be rushing out to purchase it, how about you? :)

So here is what hit me this morning......how come Jesus never wrote a book? How big a seller would "Writings in the Sand" or "My 40 days in the Wilderness" have been?
Think of all the self-help titles we are missing out on....."How to Never Lust After the Opposite Sex" or "The Guilt Free Life". And that is just the tip of the ice-berg. I would love to hear some of your suggestions as to the titles of books Jesus could have written. But getting back to my original question......why didn't he write even one book? We can only guess and speculate, because he didn't tell us why.
Here are a few guesses. Maybe he knew we would pay more attention to what he SAID as opposed to what he DID? Maybe he didn't want to do anything that would draw attention away from the Father? Maybe the time it took to write was too valuable to Him in other ways........such as serving? Imagine that. I do know one thing, whatever the reason was, it was based on what was best for us! He didn't do ANYTHING that wasn't motivated out of his love for us. So, I guess we will just have to wait till the other side to know the answer. It may take an eternity to just answer all our questions, huh? Can't you just see us all like 5 years olds holding up our hands, waving our arms and making sounds and grunting to get his attention? "He never calls on me!" :)

One of the books would have had to been something along the lines of "I Love You This Much <---------------------------> !" Reckon it would have made the "best-seller" list?

15 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger dutro said...

He already had the (incomplete but authorized version) biography, so he didn't need to retell the story in an autobiography. I guess he could have written "I'm Okay, You're About To Be".

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

That would be a great blog. Titles of books Jesus never wrote. How about "How to Frustrate Pharisees"? or "Cutting to the Chase: How to Cut to the Heart of the Matter." Thanks for the blogs, my friend. JW

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Keith said...

How about "Chicken Soup for the Pharisees,", or "Walking on Water for Dummies," or "The One,"(prefaced by John Grisham...you don't know him now but you will.) I suppose God chose eloquent men such as Luke and John to write the actions of Jesus so we could understand it better coming from another human being. The twelve hardly understood any of the sayings and parables of the Christ. Reading His book would probably be like reading a book written by Keith Brenton...deep man!(not a jab K.B., definately a compliment.)Great post. Keep it up ya white african.
KR

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I may go deep once in a while, but never that deep! (Plus, there are times when I go deep but can't get myself out of it ...)

My legendary college roommate Steve Leavell suggested (tongue-in-cheek) a late-1970s repackaging of the Bible with the title "How I Did It - by God."

Of course, I countered with my parody of Abbie Hoffman's title: "Give Someone This Book (If They're Prone To Stealing Them)."

Hard to imagine how we both avoided becoming big, rich marketing geniuses at Dallas ad agencies ....

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...one of your most intriguing posts. "I Started Jesus Freaks"..."Love is Something If You Give It Away"..."Passion"...
"Desparado"...Nah, I like yours and the other guys' ideas better.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger David U said...

Craig, or maybe even "Desperado".
I know, you went to the D-u-k-e school of spelling. :)

For all you who are wondering, that is insider stuff. I probably need to post about that someday. Or better yet, CJ needs to start a blog and tell it! Let's hear an AMEN from everybody that wants Craig to start a blog! Too bad we haven't come far enough in the tech world for him to be able to do impressions via his blog. Won't that be a hoot when he can do that?

Hoyt's brother,
DU

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Will he do Billy Graham's translator?

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, KB, goes back to Armstrong dorm. By the way, you're blogs are okay. DUH! As KR said, DEEP! I pretend to be deep because I want to be but DNA prevents it. God gave each of us different gifts. I pray mine will lift up rather than tear down. God wanted a complete, mature body...it's just that I wasn't given the brain.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

Ya know, there's always AudioBlogger, Craig ....

... for those, uh, DEEPly-felt impressions.

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if Christ had written a book, Oprah would FINALLY mention his way of thinking as one that we could all emulate--I'm afraid as it is, we will all have to wait until the Judgment for her to get HOW BIG a star she left out of her daily line up of celebrities,authors & any other famous people of the day. OK I feel better now! Annie

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger dutro said...

Craig, I don't understand the last comment. Are you implying that you have a "complete, mature body?"

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don, it's getting more complete every day :)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Joyce said...

How about "Twelve Men in a Boat", or "And Then there were Eleven", or "I Did It His Way"...

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger eric yao said...

Nike Outlet Cheap Uggs Coach Outlet Coach Outlet
North Face Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Coach Outlet<

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Gusi Bengkak Secara Alami said...

Thanks for the information, this is very useful. Allow me to share a health article here, which gods are beneficial to us. Thank you :)

Cara Menghilangkan Bruntusan
Obat Penyakit Susah Kencing
Cara Mengobati Gondok Beracun
Cara Mengobati Gabagen
Cara Mudah Mengobati Diabetes
Cara Menyembuhkan Mata Minus

 

Post a Comment

<< Home