Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Heart Ache

My heart aches today for Steve and Teena Tucker, although the funeral for their precious daughter Mary Grace was more of a celebration than any other funeral I have ever attended. And rightfully so! Mary Grace is with the Father......that is a promise we can put full confidence in. But when you see people you love hurt, you hurt with them. I grew up with Teena in Alabama, and all of you who know her can AMEN me when I say with no reservations that she is an angel, if there ever was one.
She is one of those special people that has NO enemies, and it would be impossible to find anybody who would say a negative thing about her. I love her much. I met Steve when I came to Harding, and we were club brothers in Galaxy. He was someone that everybody looked up to, because of his character and his spirit.......mainly shown during his battles with leukemia. Please, please remember these two wonderful people in your prayers for a long while. I've never lost a child, so no matter how hard I try, I can't really relate. Maybe some of you can. If you want to drop them a card, the address is:

18 Piedmont Lane
Little Rock, Arkansas 72212


Thanks for your concern for my dad! We were blessed with the news that he came home today. Thanks for all your prayers! The older I get, the more faith I have in the power of prayer. I don't see how those without it make it.

I Peter 5:7

4 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, Sorry I didn't even see you & Jan at Mary Grace's funeral. Yes, it was the sweetest service! I didn't know her at all--just saw her a few times through the years of her short life. The video & pix showed such a vibrant face shining out from the screen, don't you think?! The pix of her in the surf(beautiful photography,BTW)made her look like she was communicating with the Lord, somehow! Loved that. I HUGGED Alex when I got home, for sure! Thanks for posting about her in your blog today. Annie

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I have absolutely no idea how people make it without God--was just thinking about this today. Prayer does work. (Prayer is work!)

You have such a compassionate heart--what a way to be light and salt.

Great news about your dad!

JB

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Bar L. said...

David, I think losing a child must be the hardest loss of all. I will pray for your friends.

Glad to hear about your dad.

 
At 6:36 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

I don't know how people make it either. I just thank God that I don't have to make it alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home