Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A First

This is my first time to post using my new lap top on the road. I still hate it, but I know I should just be thankful and count my blessings. But, iff yu see werds that ar spelled wrong, you'll knowe why. Two reasons, my fingers don't work right on this thing, and Don Eudaly is not here to be my editor. My brother figure helps me out when I can't spell certain words, like kat. Anyway, I know I can blog while on the road now. That is a good thing because football season has not started yet, and TV sucks for the most part. Speaking of football, how many of you caught Jeb on Monday Night football last night? I thought he did good. Not that I am prejudice. It's weird to think that is Jebber out there, isn't it? I know without a doubt he is being light and salt to some young men who don't know the Lord or their Savior. I was already a Seahawks fan because of Shaun Alexander.....now I am a HUGE Seahawks fan!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can verify that your emails and letters concering the Ann Coulter situation are having an effect. So again, no matter which side of the fence you fall on, let your voice be heard! You are making a difference. Thanks to all who have taken the time to do this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the first day of chapel for the new school year, and I was gone. This year for the first time since the late 70's, Harding will have two chapels in the same building. One is at 9 o'clock and one is at 10. Randy Harris, a Harding Alum will be speaking in chapel on Friday. Wild horses couldn't keep me away! I'm not sure why, but Randy has not spoken on our campus in a LONG time. It's only Tuesday, and I am already excited! He will be leading our beginning of the year all school retreat. Thank you Monte for inviting him. Randy will also be a key-note speaker at our Lectureship this year. Gotta say, I would match our key-note speakers against just about anybody's this year.....Randy, Donnie Mclaughlin, Buddy Bell, Kevin Withem. That ain't exactly Spam or chopped liver, folks! I'm actually going to attend this year. :) Thanks Bro. Howard and Andrew for bringing in such an awesome bunch of speakers. Next year how about asking Frank Mills, Patrick Mead, and Rich Little?!? Oh, and some Cope fella from West Texas I've been hearing about. Speaking of, hey Mike........30 years ago today we were trying to impress the freshman chicks at our first chapel as studly Sophs. Eudaly too, as a big bad Time of Day member. And don't forget Goober with his Caddy convertible! :) I bet Mickey and Craig did an announcement that first day. Those were the days, huh?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke, Alex, G-momma, G-daddy, Annie, Jan and Jimmy.......I'm sorry!!!!! Remind me to never try and be a Realtor.

6 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger jettybetty said...

We had Randy Harris on Sunday--he was GREAT!!!

Chapel at 9? That would be rough for me--don't you think they should have one at 5 pm for afternoon people?

JB

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

I, too, am now a Seahawks fan. Did you see the block he laid on the guy on that called back fumble recovery 51 yard touchdown run? There's an article in New Man magazine that lists the top five rookies to watch. (By the way, New Man is a Christian magazine). They listed Jeb in that list. Ronnie and Peggy must be proud. I remember when Ronnie wasn't half as good as Jeb!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Does New Man magazine have a website? Great to hear Jeb was in it. Better in that mag. that the Maxim spread that Matt Jones was in. I'm down on MJ for that. You got a lap top? Why didn't I get a lap top?(dumb and dumber)Looking forward to Randy in chapel friday.
Later
KR

 
At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're able to post on the road now, David, but know exactly what you mean about trying to do so on a laptop. It's awful!

But, good post, anyway. Hope you're having a good week "out and about."

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger drjimwhite said...

Here's the website for New Man magazine...www.newmanmag.com

JW

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, I had NO IDEA that Randy Harris is coming tomorrow to speak in chapel! I'm so thankful I read your blog today!!

You are so forgiven about the apt. thingy. I never even thought about being upset at YOU! Guess who I AM upset at?? He missed a huge opportunity yesterday at 2 pm to be light & salt to Alexander. See ya tomorrow at 9 or 10!! Your sis-in-law Annie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home