Tuesday, November 08, 2005

This Little Light of Mine

Ooops! I forgot to disclose that I was going to California this week. I got too busy on Friday and never posted anything. My bad. But, I am sitting in the Business Grad School Library run by one James Wiser here on the Pepperdine Campus. By Cali standards, it is a pretty yucky day on the west coast. Low clouds prevail and they are calling for chances of rain. At least it is only 70 degrees here, as compared to the almost NINETY degrees I hear it is at home. I am driving up the coast tomorrow, so I hope it clears up.

----------------------------

Sunday night I went to church in San Diego at the Canyon View c of C. There are several folks there with ties to Searcy and Harding. During the service, the song leader led "This Little Light of Mine"........a song I may have heard in the last 20 years, but have not sung for even longer. We even did our fingers up in the air! :)
It was nostalgic, but even more, it was convicting. "I'm gonna let it shine all the time, all the time"! I suppose like you, I struggle with the "all the time" part. But that is who we are called to be. Isn't it? Thanks Mr. song leader for impacting me WAY more than you probably planned to.

---------------------------

Bama has the LSU Tigers this week. My prediction is our offense finally comes out of the doldrums and puts up about 35 on the Bengal Tigers. With our defense, 14 might be enough. Another prediction: USC does NOT go undefeated. Texas very well could, considering Slippery Rock would beat the remaining teams on their schedule.

--------------------------

Finally, eat your heart out Jack Shock.........James and I ate at Coogie's for lunch today. You won't believe what big movie stars we saw! And yes, for those of you who remember, I AM going to ask about Sunny Singh when I am in the Burbank airport on Thursday. Good deeds are appreciated by all folks, and Sunny is a good man.

5 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Ooh I hope you are right about our Tide! They are making me extremely nervous. I just hope the offense can crank up with a new center....

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

You think Slippery Rock could beat A&M at Kyle field???

Too bad I didn't know you were going to Canyon View--I could have had you say howdy to all the relatives there!

I think it was about 100 here today--hope you enjoy the rest of your trip in cool California!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Nancy French said...

Which stars??

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Steve said...

My Auburn tigers are hoping your bama boys will beat LSU. If we beat UGA & you bet LSU, the big game just got even bigger!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

qzz0608
coach outlet
light up shoes
michael kors outlet
jordan shoes
chelsea jersey
isabel marant shoes
canada goose jackets
true religion jeans
polo outlet
jazz jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home