Sunday, February 05, 2006

Revolution

Stop what you are doing. Get in your car and go to your local Christian bookstore and pick up a copy of George Barna's latest book "Revolution". The fact that you are reading this post makes you a prime candidate for reading the book, because he even talks about the blogging community.....a little bit. Or if you will, the blogging church. He doesn't spend a lot of energy on it, but he does touch on how people are in community with one another electronically.......LOTS of people. This book is based on his MANY years of research, and if there is anybody that has the pulse of Christian America, it's him! You may not like his findings. I didn't like all of em. But I want to be informed on how we as Christians are resonating with the world we live in. Barna doesn't leave any rocks unturned.

It is an EASY read! I read it in one day. No foolin. It should be required reading for all church leaders.

According to him, I am a "revolutionist". Most of you are too! Hey, I've been called a LOT worse! :) Come to think of it.......some of you have called me worse.

Buy it, read it, share it with others, and give me your take on it. I am sure in the upcoming weeks I will be posting some quotes from it on here. But, I will give you time to read it first. Get going!

6 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

My "to-read" stack is already out of control....but I will get it, I just don't know when I will get "to it".

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Thanks for the recommendation.

I'll get it and move it to the front of the line on my "To Read" list. I'm just about to finish "Searching For God Knows What" by Donald Miller. Great book.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Lee Hodges said...

I am reading it now. It is a must read for sure!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Nancy French said...

I want a whole chapter on our blogs alone.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

kate spade outlet
true religion outlet
nike shoes
snapbacks wholesale
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
miami heat jersey
christian louboutin outlet
converse trainers
nike outlet

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

fitflops sale
coach outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
michael kors outlet
canada goose jackets uk
coach outlet
coach outlet store
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
pandora charms sale clearance
mt20180602

 

Post a Comment

<< Home