Friday, January 27, 2006

Dirk and Virgil

Wow......I never thought I would use those two names in the same sentence! :) Most of you go there anyway, but in case you missed it, today in his blog post Mike Cope talks about Dirk Smith who is a co-worker of mine here at Harding and he also talks about my father-in-law, Virgil Lawyer. Good stuff. Here is the web site for those who may have just come out from under some rock:

http://www.mikecope.blogspot.com/


-----------------------

I guess many of you saw where the judge in Vermont changed the sentence of the convicted child rapist. I have to believe the public outcry had some effect on that decision.

-----------------------

The Super Bowl is a little more than a week away.....so who you pickin? Gotta go with the Seahawks, although I also like the Steelers. But Seattle has two of my favorite players.......Shaun Alexander (Bama Alum) and Jeb Huckeba from Searcy. Wouldn't it be awesome if Jeb got a Super Bowl ring his first year?!? I just hope he can get well and get off injured reserve status for the 06 season. Both of those young men are strong believers in Christ, and I know they are influencing their team for the Lord.

------------------------

I'm sending in the registration forms for Pepperdine today! There are at least 14 of us with Harding ties that will be staying together. I will be talking about the reception we will be hosting on the PU campus that week sometime in the future. If you are going to be there that week, please plan to come by and see us on Thursday night in the Faculty Dining Room. We had about 70 people come by last year, and are expecting more this year.


------------------------

Going to see my mom this weekend. She is doing much better, and thank all of you in the blogging church who have sent up prayers on her behalf.

7 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger jettybetty said...

I pray you have a great visit with your mom!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Gotta go with the Seahawks too. Love to watch Alexander run...(and we have got to support our Bama boys!!)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Wow, Virgil Lawyer is your father-in-law! He and his wife always made sure to talk to my girlfriend (now my wife) and me if we were sitting nearby at the College Church.

I will be happy whichever team wins the big game. I'm a Mike Holmgren and Shaun Alexander fan (Roll Tide!), but Pittsburgh is nearby, Bill Cowher is a great coach, and Jerome Bettis is from my hometown (Detroit). I'm just hoping for a good game!

--

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're for the Seahawks all the way!

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger PatrickMead said...

It has to be the Steelers. Besides, the game is right here in my backyard so my opinion has to count extra, right?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger dutro said...

your opinion only counts extra if you cough up the dough to go to the game. where are your seats?

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap nba jerseys
coach
mont blanc pens outlet
coach outlet
pandora charms
kate spade
ugg outlet
new balance shoes
michael kors
mont blanc pens
2017.6.14

 

Post a Comment

<< Home