Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Year End Nuggets

Lately at Christmas I have been trying to find some old keep-sakes that the boys might be interested in having. Last year it was some old ticket stubs to both professional and college games we had been to together. This year it was old books and magazines of interest. Things that at face value are not all that valuable, except to the owner.

While rummaging thru some old notes I had taken, I found some from when I had listened to Jim Woodroof in 1992. He was speaking on David. I won't share the complete set of notes on this post, but I wanted to share some conclusions he passed on to us that day. One was that the reason David was such a magnificent worshiper was because he was so aware of God 60/60/24/7. ALL THE TIME! So, Brother Jim passed this gem of wisdom on to us:......"We will only worship to the degree we see God in our life." Another observation was that David was a magnificent sinner. That was the motive behind such great writings as Psalms 38 and 51. So, the second gem was..... "We will only worship to the degree of awareness we have of our own sins and the forgiveness and grace that saves us."


I hope those bless you today. I like finding old gems......especially when they come from an older Jim!

3 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Great thoughts David, thanks for sharing with us.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger jettybetty said...

Those are great!!
I seem to constantly need to be reminded!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Those are great "jims."
kr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home