Friday, January 14, 2005

Heaven is 10 Zillion Light Years Away

Stevie Wonder wrote the song above in the mid 70's, and I am not sure what motivated him to write it. All I know is that with all that has happened NATURALLY with the tsunamis and the mud-slides and hurricanes a few months ago, this song has been on my mind. He never released it as a single, but it was always one of my favorite songs of his. Stevie has had a resurgence lately, and it couldn't have come too soon.
For those of you who may think that I should have some "church" song on my mind, I wouldn't argue with you. I would just request that you remember that in my day we didn't have contemporary Christian music to choose from.......therefore we were left with the Stevie Wonders of this world.

Here are the lyrics:



They say that heaven is 10 zillion light years away
And just the pure at heart will walk her righteous streets someday
They say that heaven is 10 zillion light years away
But if there is a God, we need Him now
"Where is your God"
That's what my friends ask me
And I say it's taken Him so long
'Cause we've got so far to come...

Tell me people
Why can't they say that hate is 10 zillion light years away
Why can't the light of good shine God's love in every soul
Why must my color black make me a lesser man
I thought this world was made for every man
He loves us all, that's what my God tells me
And I say it's taken Him so long
'Cause we've got so far to come...




I hope all of you get to hear this beautiful song someday. Don't we have so far to come?

4 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Blogger Keith Brenton said...

I will have to check out iTunes for that one!

I'm still blown away by the exuberance of "Isn't She Lovely?" and couldn't stop humming it for weeks after baby Laura came to our family.

Funny how some songs can make you feel like you were blind ... but now you see.

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, nike free, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, air max, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

abercrombie and fitch
louis vuitton bags
ugg boots
nike air huarache
lululemon uk
woolrich outlet store
oakley canada
asics,asics israel,asics shoes,asics running shoes,asics israel,asics gel,asics running,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano
ghd uk
ralph lauren uk
basketball shoes,basketball sneakers,lebron james shoes,sports shoes,kobe bryant shoes,kobe sneakers,nike basketball shoes,running shoes,mens sport shoes,nike shoes
mulberry handbags sale
ray ban,rayban,occhiali ray ban,ray-ban,ray ban occhiali,ray ban sunglasses
the north face outlet
north face outlet
coach outlet store
salomon shoes
fitflops clearance
mlb jerseys
links of london jewellery
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home