Friday, October 22, 2004

Cardinals

Gotta say........today has been a GREAT day! You ask why and I say BECAUSE MY CARDINALS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES!! SHOUAAA! See, the first 10 years of my life I spent growing up in Memphis, and it is a HUGE Cardinal town. Tim McCarver is from Memphis and he had that town in his palm. Also remember that in the early 60's there were NO other Major League baseball teams in the South. The Cards were the ONLY team us southern folk could call "ours". I remember going to my first game in 1964, at old "Sportsmen Park". It was against the Cubs....so I saw Ernie Banks, Don Kessinger along with all my Cardinal heroes.......Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, McCarver, Curt Flood, one of the Boyer brothers and many more. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven, cept for one thing. I had NEVER been around beer or alcohol before, and I just knew if God came back that night I was going straight to Hell.....I was going to be guilty by association. The Schlitz and Fallstaff was flowing, and I was in shock. I remember hoping that my mom and dad wouldn't find out that I was hanging out with this crowd, because I just knew they would be upset with me! And by crowd I mean the WHOLE stadium! :) But I can remember how full of color everything was. I was used to watching baseball on a black and white TV. The scoreboard looked HUGE, and they had a net out in the outfield to catch foul balls. I still have the ticket stub, and wouldn't sell it for the world. Life didn't get much better for a young kid in 1964!

So, I hope my Cardinals win it ALL! If they do lose, I am glad it is to the Red Sox.
They are my newly acquired heroes in that they defeated the Evil Empire! :) Was that not UNBELIEVABLE? You gotta tip your hat to em, coming from being down 3 games to none.......and doing it on the road in Yankee stadium! It may be their year. If so, I am glad the Cardinals can be a part of it.

Is baseball great or what?

3 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, nike free, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, air max, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

true religion jeans
adidas outlet
giuseppe zanotti outlet
wedding dresses uk
beats by dre
oakley sunglasses
tory burch sale
fred perry polo shirts
ugg boots uk
michael kors canada
barbour jackets
true religion jeans
ugg boots outlet,ugg outlet
louis vuitton handbags outlet
nike trainers
nike free uk
ray-ban sunglasses
canada goose outlet
vans shoes
true religion outlet uk
mm1223

 

Post a Comment

<< Home