Saturday, November 27, 2004

Ramblings

Just some reflections and observations from this Holiday time with family. Does it get ANY better than being with family? I believe the older we get the more we realize what the blessing of family really means. I guess it is that way with most things, huh? DUH! My mom can still fix a Thanksgiving meal fit for Kings! She is AMAZING! I have told both my boys that I honestly feel extremely sorry for the shoes their respective wives are going to try and fill when it comes to cooking, because their mom and two grand-mommas are the 3 best cooks that I have EVER known.
If we eat in heaven, those 3 are going to be in charge of the meals....end of story.


We listened to one of the wildest High School football games on the radio last night that I have ever heard of. Harding Academy lost 58-51 to Jessieville. I think each team left it's defense in the locker room or on the bus. Jessieville had 4 players rush for MORE than 100 yards! The QB for HA threw for more than 600 yards and 6 TD's, while one of the receivers had over 300 yards in receptions! Talk about a track meet. I went to the bathroom once, and 3 TDs were scored while I was in there....no kidding. It's a shame one of these teams had to lose after that kind of offensive out-put. It's on to basketball for HA. Congrats to the Seniors who finished with an 11-2 season! Thanks Kreg Kell and crew for some wonderful memories and a State Championship as sophomores.

Did you read where Jermaine Jackson of the Jackson Five is getting a divorce? That is not all that news-worthy, but the article I read happened to mention the names of his two children. I can't remember one child's name, but the other one is named "Jermajesty". I kid you not! Who in their right mind would do that to an innocent child? My first reaction was to fall out in the floor laughing, then I wanted to cry. Is it ignorance or cruelty? Either way it is a tragedy.

Lastly, I noticed that someone who's opinion and wisdom I hold in the HIGHEST regard commented on one of my blogs lately.....and that person is David Hall from Oklahoma. David is a very successful eye doctor, and an even better dad and husband. He has spiritual wisdom beyond his years, and is a constant encouragement to me. David met Suzette Huffaker (who like me is from Florence, Alabama) here at Harding in the 80's and started a wonderful family. I love him, Suzie, Brent and sweet Ashley very much! Keep up the good work brother, being light and salt in the Sooner state!

7 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger dutro said...

Three TD's were scored while you were in the bathroom?!?!?! You ARE getting old!

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger dutro said...

Three TD's were scored while you were in the bathroom?!?!?! You ARE getting old!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger dutro said...

I posted that TWICE?!?!?!?! I'm getting old, too!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey David U, I couldn't agree with your post (Ramblings) more. antique cooking stoves

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors outlet
mulberry outlet store
swarovski jewelry
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
tory burch outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
juicy couture tracksuit
cheap nba jerseys
instyler ionic styler
tory burch outlet online
mlb jerseys
cheap soccer jerseys
ugg outlet
coach outlet online
nike outlet store
fitflops uk
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
replica handbags,replica handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale replica handbags,replica bags,bags outlet,replica handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,replica purses
mm1223

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Obat Maag Alami said...

thank you for joining us. his article is very helpful

Obat Keputihan Alami
Cara Mengobati Hematuria

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Penyakit Kista said...

Thank you for joining us. his article is very helpful

Obat Maag Alami
Obat Keputihan Alami
Cara Mengobati Hematuria
Obat Penambah Berat Badan
Cara Mengobati Sesak Napas Alami
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Gagal Jantung

 

Post a Comment

<< Home