Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Zax

One of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories is the story of the North-Going Zax and the South-Going Zax. Here is the complete unedited story. I try and read it at least every few months. Was Dr. Seuss wise or what?


The Zax

One day, making tracks
In the prarie of Prax,
Came a North-Going Zax
And a South-Going Zax

And it happened that both of them came to a place
Where they bumped. There they stood.
Foot to foot. Face to Face.

"Look here, now!" the North-Going Zax said. "I say!
You are blocking my path. You are right in my way.
I'm a North-Going Zax, and I always go north.
Get out of my way, now, and let me go forth!"

"Who's in whose way?" snapped the South-Going Zax.
"I always go south, making south-going tracks.
So you're in MY way! And I ask you to move
And let me go south in my south-going groove."

Then the North-Going Zax puffed his chest up with pride.
"I never," he said, "take a step to one side.
And I'll prove to yhou that I won't change my ways
If I have to keep standing here fifty-nine days!"

"And I'll prove to YOU," yelled the South-Going Zax,
"That I can stand here in the prairie of Prax
For fifty-nine YEARS! For I live by a rule
That I learned as a boy back in South-Going School.
NEVER BUDGE! That's my rule. NEVER BUDGE IN THE LEAST!
NOT AN INCH TO THE WEST! NOT AN INCH TO THE EAST!
I'll stay here, not budging! I can and I will
If it makes you and me and the whole world stand still!"

Well....
Of course the world didn't stand still. The world grew.
In a couple of years, the new highway came through
And they built it right over those two stubborn Zax
And left them standing un-budged in their tracks.

The End


I feel quite confident that those of you that have read this story will never forget the drawing on the last page, and how totally stupid the two Zaxs appear because the highways are packed with traffic going all around and above them, and there they stand, clueless. Make application as you wish.....assuming the shoe fits.

6 Comments:

At 6:40 AM, Blogger Donna G said...

Who knew? Dr Seuss had insight to the church in 2004!! How ridiculous we must look to God when we refuse to budge on some issue and fail to continue on our journey! Great post!

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Thanks for the Dr.Zuess reminder. Couldn't be more applicable for the church, government, schools, family.
I'll be reminded by the blog to refer to it when stubbornness sets in...if it ever does!
Later dude,
kr

 
At 1:27 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, nike free, coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, ray ban sunglasses, coach outlet, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses cheap, chanel handbags, gucci outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, louboutin, air max, christian louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, true religion jeans, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 1:38 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors outlet
mulberry outlet store
swarovski jewelry
cheap jordan shoes
cheap jordans
tory burch outlet online
christian louboutin outlet
juicy couture tracksuit
cheap nba jerseys
instyler ionic styler
tory burch outlet online
mlb jerseys
cheap soccer jerseys
ugg outlet
coach outlet online
nike outlet store
fitflops uk
michael kors outlet online
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale
replica handbags,replica handbags outlet,cheap handbags,purses and handbags,wholesale replica handbags,replica bags,bags outlet,replica handbags wholesale,cheap purses,discount handbags,handbags sale,wholesale purses,handbags and purses,replica purses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home