Monday, August 30, 2004

Being Afraid

Last Sunday night I was blessed by attending the Littleton church in Colorado. The lesson that evening was taken from Mark 5, and a five word sentence spoken by Jesus jumped off the page at me. Probably because it was as if he were speaking to me so personally. I don't know if he could have said anything more applicable for my life. Jairus has approached Jesus thru a large crowd and asked Jesus to save his "little daughter" who is dying. I never was blessed with a little daughter, but I was blessed with two little boys and I know how a parent feels when their children are sick.....I can only imagine how many times over that is when a child is dying. On the way, Jesus gets destracted by the woman who was ill and touched his garment. That is a whole other blog!! As that encounter comes to a close, some men came and told Jairus that the situation was hopeless, that his daughter had already died...and that he should quit bothering Jesus. Jesus heard what they had told Jairus, and here was his five word response: "DON'T BE AFRAID, JUST BELIEVE".

Those words may not resonate with you, but I confess they REALLY connect with me! I am a laid-back happy go-lucky dude on the outside, but on the inside I am a worrier. I find a peace in those words that I am not able to produce on my own. I have been told that phrase of not fearing or being afraid is the MOST repeated words of Jesus that we have recorded. Get the feeling he could relate to us? Get the feeling he knew what we feel on a day to day basis? I hope you will join me in trying to walk the walk of faith, that casts out all fear.

Yes, after being laughed at for saying she was only asleep, Jesus raised this 12 year old from the dead. He even used her father's words and called her "Little Girl".

I end with a question. For the rest of his life, how much of it do you think Jairus lived under the bondage of fear? There is no way to know, but we do know he had a sweet daily reminder walking around the house. Do you have any daily reminders?

I do.

8 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Donna G said...

Seven years ago next month my children then 16 and 13 were involved in a wreck in a jeep wrangler. The jeep flipped and my daughters hand was trapped between the row bar and the pavement for a scid. The back side of her hand had to be reconstructed, in the emergency room it looked like it had imploded. I had a lot of fear and a lot of moments realizing it could have been so much worse. She and I were at that place where 13 year olds and their mothers get (you know, I was like totally stupid). After the wreck and the upcoming months of therapy and home schooling we became so close she truly thinks of me as her best friend. I too am usually happy go lucky on the outside and sometimes now I can be on the inside, because yes I have a reminder of how God took care of me and mine, how He made something good out of bad situation and I know that He cares for me as undeserving as I might be. But thanks for the reminder, I have a knack of forgetting what is really important.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger David U said...

Thanks for sharing that with me and all of us Donna.
God is good!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there David U. I was searching for the latest information on make money online and somehow, which I don't understand, found your site. Although Being Afraid wasn't what I was interested in, I'm sure glad I found your site. I'll keep on looking for make money online but I just had to comment on how much I enjoyed reading the comments here. make money online I bookmarked your site.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors outlet sale
cleveland cavaliers
mulberry handbags
rolex watches for sale
nike air huarache
ralph lauren outlet
tiffany and co
pandora outlet
prada outlet
swarovski crystal
ralph lauren outlet
ferragamo shoes
chanel handbags outlet
the north face outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
valentino outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
hollister shirts
true religion jeans sale
supra shoes
toms outlet
jordan shoes 2015
celine outlet
north face outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
mm1223

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

coach
nike trainers
michael kors outlet online
polo ralph lauren
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike huarache
ralph lauren outlet
ralph lauren
omega watches
converse shoes
2017.6.15

 

Post a Comment

<< Home