Friday, August 27, 2004

Mr. Bison

As of yesterday evening, I know what the new mascot in heaven is......a Bison. We lost Bill Harris yesterday. "Mr. Bill", as we called him in the Advancement Office, was a good friend, co-worker and mentor to me. He also was one of my Shepherds. I will miss him greatly.

My association with Bill goes back to 1974. Jan had grown up with Nancy, so I met Bill thru my courting of Jan. I also worked for Bill and Ben Berry in the old box factory when I was in my Sophomore year at Harding. But no doubt for me and most of you, when I think of Bill I think of Bison Athletics. I don't guess I can prove it, but I believe that Bill and Lil have been to more Bison events than any other people in the history of the University. I know Dr. Ganus has been to most of them also, but he is gone out of the country so much I assume he has missed some events because of that. I remember back in the 70's Bill and Lil working in the Concession Stand at Bison games. When Matt was playing for the Bisons, we would pull up to some stadium in the middle of no where, and there Bill and Lil would be sitting in the bleachers. Bill was what I think of when someone mentions the words "Ultimate Fan". Going to Bison games just won't be the same for a long time!
I am so glad that the Academy Gym was dedicated and named for he and Lil before his passing. He was very deserving of that honor.

I loved Bill Harris. I am a better person because of his work ethic and energy.
I will miss his Shepherding talks, and his wisdom. He had a good walk, and I am glad I got to walk with him for a short while. I look forward to the time we will walk again on the other side...........probably beside some field of Bison.

4 Comments:

At 1:37 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger mmjiaxin said...

michael kors outlet sale
cleveland cavaliers
mulberry handbags
rolex watches for sale
nike air huarache
ralph lauren outlet
tiffany and co
pandora outlet
prada outlet
swarovski crystal
ralph lauren outlet
ferragamo shoes
chanel handbags outlet
the north face outlet
michael kors handbags outlet
valentino outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
hollister shirts
true religion jeans sale
supra shoes
toms outlet
jordan shoes 2015
celine outlet
north face outlet
louis vuitton outlet online
mm1223

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

true religion outlet
montre pas cher
cartier bracelet
coach outlet
hollister uk
converse all stars
juicy couture
vans scarpe
juicy couture outlet
juicy couture outlet
2017.12.25chenlixiang

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger chenlili said...

ugg canada
coach outlet
ugg pas cher
hermes birkin bags
jordan 3
nike air max
moncler
michael kors outlet
converse shoes
jordan shoes
20183.15chenjinyan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home