Monday, June 07, 2004

President Reagan

George W. Bush is the 10th president in my lifetime. Kennedy is the first that I remember. Probably because of his untimely death and the events that surrounded his killing....the funeral, Oswald, Jack Ruby, etc. I remember the Goldwater vs Johnson election year, and my folks voting for Goldwater. I associate Johnson with Vietnam. Nixon had a great foreign policy, but he will always be remembered for his role in Watergate. I don't remember much about Ford.....except he was always hitting people when he played tennis. Carter was probably the most moral president in my lifetime, but as a President I just remember him being unable to get anything significant done.

That brings me to Ronald Reagan, who passed away this weekend. I am not big into politics, but I remember President Reagan as someone who was able to bring our nation together. I remember him as being genuine. When he talked, it was as if just you and he were sitting down on the couch for a nice visit. I believe he was by far the most "down to earth" president we have had in my lifetime. You trusted him, and believed in him.........and because of that you believed in America again. Come to think of it, I am ready for another president like him! This sounds negative I know, but I don't see it happening in this election year. Let's pray God causes another great leader among us to rise up and bring our nation back together.....and more importantly, back to HIM. I am not meaning to infer that our nation has EVER totally been a nation of Godliness, but I firmly believe that there were times when we were closer to that than we are now. I sure hope there were times where we were closer to Him as a nation than we are now.

My faith and hope are in God, not the United States of America. At the same time, I pray that Christians can have an impact on the laws and policies of our Nation.

For the good things he did, I am thankful for God allowing Ronald Reagan to be the leader of this country for 8 years.
God bless his family.

6 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...





I truly like your technique of writing a blog
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/rat-control-companies-9.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/rat-control-companies-8.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/rat-control-companies-7.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/rat-control-companies-6.html

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous situs judi slot online indonesia said...

pumpkins, and put in some little kid disney halloween music hope ya have a good time

 
At 5:15 AM, Anonymous game slot online terbaik said...

i love to watch movies that made it to the box office, they are usually great movies with good story`

 
At 4:23 AM, Anonymous situs game slot online terbaik said...



I have already been examinating away several of the stories and it’s pretty very good things. I’ll certainly save your own weblog.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Oily Skin Routine said...

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home