Monday, May 31, 2004

Memorial Day

My dad was too young to fight in WW II, and he was too sick to fight in the Korean War. My favorite uncle, Doyle Wade, fought in the Navy in WW II. I remember when I was very young staring for long periods of time at the photographs of him in his Navy blue uniform. I respected all of my uncles, but I respected him the most for lots of reasons......but his service to his country was one of the major ones. I never heard him talk about his time in the service very much. I never asked him why.

So today, I think of my Uncle Doyle and many others who fought so that I might have the freedoms and comforts that I experience daily. To think that thousands gave the ultimate sacrifice is hard to comprehend.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Thanks Uncle Doyle, and thanks to all the other veterans.....living and dead.

3 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

nfl jerseys, ugg pas cher, mont blanc, nike huarache, vans shoes, ghd, asics running shoes, north face outlet, valentino shoes, canada goose, chi flat iron, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, celine handbags, mac cosmetics, p90x, instyler, canada goose uk, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, ferragamo shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, canada goose, nike roshe run, north face jackets, insanity workout, canada goose outlet, hollister, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, ugg boots, herve leger, abercrombie and fitch, rolex watches, marc jacobs, beats by dre, ugg boots, mcm handbags, birkin bag, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, jimmy choo outlet, ugg australia, uggs outlet, soccer shoes

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

gucci, pandora charms, louboutin, ugg, baseball bats, moncler, canada goose, parajumpers, lancel, canada goose, wedding dresses, links of london, rolex watches, moncler, air max, ugg, moncler, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, moncler, oakley, ralph lauren, pandora charms, swarovski, ray ban, moncler outlet, converse, swarovski crystal, converse shoes, hollister, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, timberland boots, hollister clothing store, supra shoes, karen millen, juicy couture outlet, air max, moncler, vans, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, moncler, coach outlet store online

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger بروكر said...

I definitely love this site.
http://thinkr.xyz/members/prokr2020
https://prokr2020.page4.me/
https://prokr2020.activeboard.com/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home