Friday, May 28, 2004

Last night I attended my first summer baseball game in several seasons. It brought back LOTS of wonderful memories of being out there every night of the week for years with Matt and Luke.
Some of my best memories of being a dad took place out at the park.

One of the things that jumped out at me last night was remembering the sense of community that baseball provides. Some of our closest friendships we have today were formed because of being thrown together by baseball, football, basketball or soccer. Last night I witnessed 3 Christian coaches on one team impacting young men's lives.......on BOTH teams. The boys are learning a lot about baseball........even more about being a Christian man. An EVERYDAY Christian man......not just on Sunday. As a parent, how do you put a value on that?

GO CARDINALS!!